Gas control valve and gas pressure regulator sizing.
Flow coefficient Cg and Kg calculation
Related calculators: Control valve
Pipe flow calculator features
- Pack of sixteen pipe flow calculators in one application
- Productive tool for every day flow calculations
- Used by thousands of engineers, students, professors and other professionals every day
- Multiple calculation scenarios for each calculator
- Easy switch between metric and imperial units
- Copy and save calculation results
- Every calculator is backed with used theory and equations
- Always use the latest version with automatic update
- Stay connected with developer and community through social channels
Control valves and pressure regulators for pressures up to 100 bar are covered in EN334. This gas control valve sizing calculator is based on the same standard.
Flow coefficient Cg and Kg are used to compare capacities of control valves from different manufacturers.
For known flow coefficient Cg or Kg of some gas control valve you can calculate that control valve capacity for known upstream and downstream pressure of pressure regulator with this calculator.
If you know gas control valve capacity and upstream and downstream pressure of pressure regulator, you can calculate control valve flow coefficient, either Cg or Kg, with this calculator too. With that calculated value of flow coefficient you can pick correct pressure regulator from manufacturer's table.
For incompressible flow - for liquids, you should use control valve calculator, as this - gas control valve calculator is for compressible flow.
Can't see the calculator? Click here to find out why.